Hope has been a recurring theme in my art journal and it has found its way there again. I wanted to start using some of the prints I made with my gelli plate and I find they are wonderful for getting past "blank page syndrome"!
The paper I printed on was a bit smaller than my journal, so I began by painting a border with Twinkling H2Os.
I looked through my already growing pile of prints and chose two coordinating ones. I cut them to size with pinking scissors. I picked through the pile of die cuts that I had made to make gelli prints and found that they were quite interesting after they got grungy from printmaking.
I adhered one of the papers to the page with matte medium. When I turned the leaf die cut over, I discovered that the other side was much more interesting! I used gel medium to adhere the die cuts because they were cut from card stock. Heavier weight papers adhere much more easily with a heavier medium.
Next, I added the coordinating paper.
I layered grungy flowers from a Tim Holtz diecut and added a dragonfly.
I used a Sakura pigma micron pen, size graphic 1, to create the scalloped line work. I added some journaling with a pigma micron pen, size 05, and some white line work with a white gelly roll pen. The orange dots around the center flower were made with a gelly roll souffle pen.
The dragonfly was a bit too bright. I painted over it with the same color of twinkling H2O watercolor as the outer border. I added more journaling and some torn pieces of antique dictionary to break up the pattern on the bottom a bit.
Finally, I finished journaling, added a little more torn paper to the bottom and a few pieces of washi tape. I drew the swirls and wrote the word Hope with the pigma micron graphic 1.
I'll be linking this post to July's Colorful Gelli Print Party. Have a wonderful 4th of July!
Until next time,